[FFmpeg-devel] Difference between frame and video packet.

Mayank Agarwal mayank77fromindia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:36:24 CET 2014

HI,

Please pardon me for posting to this group.

Please answer my following questions.

1.In ffmpeg if we are parsing any mp4 file and after that demuxing it,how
can we know total no of audio/video packets in entire file.
av_read_frame outputs audio/video packets,then how the video frame is
related to packet or if there is no relation.packets become frame only
after decoding in case of video.

Any parameters or ffmpeg demuxer input/output using which we can use to
quantify the demuxer
performance for playing various file formats like mp4,etc

Regards
Mayank