[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Feb 8 17:16:05 CET 2014

Matt Oliver <protogonoi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Isn't the following sufficient?

(Any reason why you cut the following line?)

> > check_inline_asm inline_asm_direct_symbol_refs '"mov test, %eax\n"'

> Need to also be able to declare 'int test' as other
> build chains may fail due to missing declaration.

Looking at your patch 1 I find that very unlikely
or do I miss something?

[...]

> > Could you add the compilation error you see that makes
> > patch 5 necessary?
>
> The first is

[...]

Without looking at the patch again, this seems
to imply that you may / should split the patch.

> Swapping MMX and MMXEXT around is due to the following line:
>
> #if COMPILE_TEMPLATE_MMXEXT
> DECLARE_ASM_CONST(8, int16_t, mask1101[4]) = {-1,-1, 0,-1};
> etc.
>
> When MMX is done first then the compiler generates
> a series of errors about missing the maskXXXX
> variables. Specifically:
> ..\libswscale\x86\yuv2rgb_template.c(321): error :
> identifier "mask1101" is undefined
> and many others.
>
> It is possible to fix this by renaming the #if to
> instead do it "#if COMPILE_TEMPLATE_MMX"

This sounds as if compilation with --disable-mmxext
would still fail with your patch, am I correct?

I know I am a very bad example myself but please consider
to fix your quoting, I believe this mail from you shows
how important this is.

Carl Eugen