[FFmpeg-devel] debuggin ffmpeg

Wolfgang Haupt w.haupt at at-visions.com
Tue Feb 18 12:28:20 CET 2014

On 02/18/2014 12:03 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> I'm quite new to ffmpeg just trying to figure out how
>> >the mpegts demuxer works in detail.
> Are you interested in implementing new features in FFmpeg?
> Then it might make sense to discuss here what you are
> planning.
> (Avoiding duplicate work etc.)
>
> Or do you want to use FFmpeg in your software? Then please
> consider readinghttp://ffmpeg.org/contact.html  again.
I was analyzing startup time of live multicasts in XBMC, when I found
some time being spent in avformat_find_stream_info.
Then I started digging into ffprobe, because it uses this method too and
ended up digging into the complete data flow in ffmpeg from udp_read to
av_read_frame.
But I fail to understand all the things going on and just thought asking
here how to debug would be a good start.

So it's quite an edge case, I cannot promise that any of my work is
accepted here.