[FFmpeg-devel] default lock mechanism in libavcodec/utils.c

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 19:58:47 CET 2014

Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>Le duodi 2 ventôse, an CCXXII, Anshul a écrit :
>> I was trying to making a concurrent view design of ffmpeg. Till I
>could
>> verify all this or someone help me with that veiw.
>
>If you want to make the libraries really completely thread-safe, I
>guess the
>only way to go is to move all static variables into an instance
>structure,
>and pass it around to all functions that need it. That is a lot of
>work.
>
>But I do not understand what practical problem you are trying to solve.
>
>Regards,

You might not understand if  your coding style is dependent on the problem already you have faced, even my coding style was like that
But it changed when my client asked me to make a demon that would check if my application has crashed
Then restart it. It was complete failure for me and the good part was that I was never able to reproduce those crash. I dont have any option other then suspecting my code or my codes dependent code.

-Anshul