[FFmpeg-devel] reference and non-reference fields in the same frame

Davor Spasoski davor.spasoski at one.mk
Fri Feb 21 19:57:29 CET 2014

Hi Donald,

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org [mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org] On Behalf Of Ronald S. Bultje
Sent: 20 February 2014 16:04
To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] reference and non-reference fields in the same frame

Hi Davor,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Davor Spasoski <davor.spasoski at one.mk>wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> Thank you for responding. I get this error from time to time even
> after the usual errors which appear at beginning of transcoding. The
> result is visible as green artefacts.
> Have you tried the sample? Are you having this error on screen?

Carl means that the h264 error is unrelated to the true cause of your artifacts. Your problem is likely that one or more UTP packets were dropped and our network layer didn't report that very accurately.

I'm glad that it's not the h264 decoder. I'm under the same impression. This confirms that the problem is related on the input side, i.e. handling of MPEGTS over UDP. I suppose this is a bug, and I will report it on the bug tracking site.

BR,
Davor

HTH,
Ronald