[FFmpeg-devel] Need some pointers

Eli Kara eli at algotec.co.il
Wed Feb 26 17:59:51 CET 2014

>> I'm guessing this is a parsing issue due to bad input but I'd really like to make sure. Any help is very much appreciated no matter how small
>> (even: look at file X in the code).

> maybe the output from "-fdebug +ts" might be usefull if you want to
> investigate this

Hi,

The mpegts file has 6 streams - 1 video, 2x audio and 3 subtitle streams.

After some more digging into using debug prints I can see that the problematic  packet has a duration=0 and very large dts value and it is from a
dvb_subtitle stream. This causes a bug in XBMC.
Is it logical for a packet from a dvb_subtitle stream to have a very large dts value? (higher than the stream length by far..)