[FFmpeg-devel] problems with libav* creating corrupt files

Brian C. Dilley brian at flipagram.com
Thu Jan 16 00:02:55 CET 2014

I could kiss you!

Thanks Ronald. :)

On 01/15/2014 02:31 PM, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Brian C. Dilley <brian at flipagram.com>wrote:
>>      I've built a simple program for encoding h264 video into an mp4
>> container using the libav* libraries from ffmpeg on Android. Everything
>> runs and seems to work just fine - there are no errors returned from any of
>> the functions for the entire process.  The resulting file is not playable
>> on the device or in anything other than mplayer (and probably other
>> forgiving players) and I'm having trouble figuring out why.  I've attached
>> a sample video for reference.
>>      Thanks!
>> PS: I sent this email already once but it got held back because i attached
>> the sample. Here's a link to the sample:
>> http://d.pr/v/gXmw
> Didn't check sample, but most common reason for this is that you didn't
> write global headers (search for CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADERS in our source
> tree).
> Ronald
> _______________________________________________
> ffmpeg-devel mailing list
> ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org
> http://ffmpeg.org/mailman/listinfo/ffmpeg-devel

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list