[FFmpeg-devel] [WIP] New Filter (dejudder)

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 17:46:57 CET 2014

> On Friday, January 24, 2014 7:54 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> try valgrind or address sanitizer
>
> [...]

I'm looking into valgrind now.

> On Friday, January 24, 2014 6:34 PM, Timothy Gu <timothygu99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> May or may not be related: try to use av_malloc() or av_mallocz() instead
> of malloc()
>
> Also try to debug this in gdb.

I've tried several variations of av_malloc(), av_mallocz() av_free() and av_freep(). I keep getting segfaults.

If I want an arrary of N int64_t's to use in my filter (N depends on an option passed to the filter) how do I allocate/free this block? It will only be written to and read from in filter_frame(). I looked around and tried to do what other filters did, but kept getting the segfault.

If I use a fixed size array, no segfault.

-Nicholas Robbins