[FFmpeg-devel] [CLT2014] FFmpeg at Chemnitzer Linux-Tage

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun Jan 26 18:32:10 CET 2014

Hi Gerion!

On 2014-01-26 16:11 +0100, Gerion Entrup wrote:
> Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 23:49:24 schrieb Alexander Strasser:
> > On 2014-01-25 21:23 +0100, Gerion Entrup wrote:
> > > Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 18:39:59 schrieb Alexander Strasser:
[...]
> > > Nice to hear, that you are at CLT again. Last year I visit there a
> > > workshop to learn Blender a little bit. Maybe something like that is
> > > possible for FFmpeg, too?
> > > I would agree to do a workshop about using the command line tool, but I'm
> > > only an "experienced" user, not a developer. Possible content:
> > > - Theory: structure of mediafiles and streams, formats, container, codecs,
> > > ... - ffmpeg: choose format
> > > - ffmpeg: choose codec (including parameters)
> > > - ffmpeg: insert filter
> > > - ffmpeg: mapping
> >
> >   Sounds nice! I think there is no problem with you doing such a workshop.
> > I am not sure if they still accept submissions, but you can try writing
> > an email to the address mentioned on this page:
> >
> >   http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2014/en/vortraege/workshops
> Done. Let's look, what's happening.

  Good!

> Is someone of you willing to stand beside me there and give wise advice, if I
> don't know the answers of some questions? ;)

  We'll see. Tell us when you know if your workshop will be accepted.
We can work everything out then.

> > > Really awesome (for me personally) would be a workshop: "Programming a
> > > little player using the FFmpeg libraries", maybe similar to the examples
> > > in your sources, but a little bit more extensive.
> >
> >   I think Lukasz Marek could have most recent knowledge about this one.
> >
> > > Other ideas: "Programming a codec for FFmpeg", "Programming a filter for
> > > FFmpeg", ...
> >
> >   These and the one above are all good suggestions, but at least
> > for me there is not enough free time left to do any of them for
> > this years' CLT.
> Hmm ok, maybe as a plan for next years.

  Parts of this can also be tackled as a documentation improvement task.
I mean when we develop good documentation on how the internal contract
between the components work, it will be much easier to do a workshop on
how to develop a simple filter or codec.

  Alexander