[FFmpeg-devel] Question about frame->pts, outlink->time_base, and outlink->frame_rate

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 18:34:48 CET 2014

> On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:06 AM, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:

>>  The output is variable frame rate.
>
> In that case, you need to figure out something that makes sense: maybe the
> expected average frame rate, or the inverse of the GCD of the intervals
> between the frames. At worst, set it to the same value as the inverse of the
> time base. If you do not set it, the library will set it to the same as the
> input.

Actually, If I set it to 1/0, it produces 8k as the framreate. (This is the inverse of the time_base I set, despite the timebase of the output being 1/1k. Seems like multiplying by the same 8 as I am doing to the timebase produces the best results, even if 240 fps is crazytalk.

I'll polish up the filter and post it soon.

-Nicholas Robbins