[FFmpeg-devel] avformat/hlsenc: pull request for single file mode

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Thu Jul 10 02:36:22 CEST 2014

10.07.2014 02:40, Nicolas Martyanoff kirjoitti:
> On 2014-07-10 01:32, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> avformat/hlsenc: cleaning
>> - looks good to me, and there is no maintainer so I guess this is OK
>> - well, actually, maybe you could use more than one word in the subject :)
> I'll change the title to something such as 'make the code easier to read' :)
>
>> avformat/hlsenc: add single file mode
>> - Adds HLSContext.ref_stream etc, shouldn't that be a separate patch?
> I guess I could, but the code is incorrect without it. I added it when I
> realized it would not work when a file has two video streams (or two audio
> streams and no video streams).
>
> If you think it's better to have two patches, the first one being incorrect, I
> can split it.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how not working with two
video streams has anything to do with single file mode?

Assuming there is actually some relation, could you have the ref changes
in a first patch and single file in another patch, or would the ref
changes break something else?

>> - HLSContext.file_idx is never read AFAICS
> It is used to generate the TS filename in hls_create_file().

I don't see hls->file_idx accessed there... only the local int file_idx.

>> avformat/hslenc: add a flag disabling the filename in segment names
>> - hsl
> Oops
>> - should probably require single_file as well?
> Indeed, I'll fix it.
>
>> - see below
>>
>> avformat/hlsenc: add an option to set the media filename
>> - should probably check not used together with separated segments?
> It also works with separated segments. For example:
>
>     -hls_media_filename foo-%d.ts
>
> Will generate foo-0.ts, foo-1.ts, foo-2.ts, etc.
>
> Without this patch, separated files are named <playlist_base_filename>%d.ts.

Right. This should be documented in doc/muxers.texi, though. Same goes
for your other new parameters, BTW, I forgot about that.

--
Anssi Hannula