[FFmpeg-devel] new webpage design patches

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Sun Jul 20 19:20:30 CEST 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014, at 11:49 PM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> libx264 is not always available and not that much common (it requires
> special permissions), and the avi to mp4 is IMO not that much common:
> it's not going to improve quality, while mp4 to avi has the benefit of
> creating videos compatible with old devices, which sounds like a more
> common use case.

I'll disagree with these points from what I've seen from what users tend
to be doing and what they are using. But it's a nit.

More importantly, the link to John's builds is wrong. Under "Linux
Static Builds", the link to "64-bit with kernel 2.6.32 and above" should
be http://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

Also, the old # anchors have changed. For example, I provided many links
to download.html#LinuxBuilds for users on various help resources, but
that has changed to download.html#build-linux. We can either revert to
the old names, provide a dummy link using the old names, forget about
the old names and do nothing, or maybe do some redirection magic.

I'd provide patches, but I'm still in internet limbo.