[FFmpeg-devel] [FATESERVER/PATCH] Update to new website style

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:11:25 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> also light gray text on yellow/green is rather hard to read

where? on index page yellow corresponds to black text color, while
green corresponds to white.

> and theres somethng wrong with the heart icon its much smaller and
> unrecognizeable

I can't reproduce this on Chrome, but I can on Firefox. The problem is
that web browsers are supposed to block cross-origin font requests.
Chrome doesn't block it yet, but in Developers Console it outputs a
message:

Blink is considering rejecting non spec-compliant cross-origin web
font requests: https://ffmpeg.org/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff?v=4.1.0.
Please use Access-Control-Allow-Origin to make these requests
spec-compliant.

In contrast Firefox blocks it by default, and that's what is causing
the distorted shapes.

While I did add Access-Control-Allow-Origin HTTP header to index.cgi,
as an attempt to silence the warning, it didn't work because the
header is supposed to be outputted by ffmpeg.org.

So there are two options:
- bundle Font Awesome with fateserver (both CSS and font), or
- adding "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *" or
"Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://fate.ffmpeg.org" to the
ffmpeg.org server HTTP header

Which one do you think is better?

Timothy