[FFmpeg-devel] add HEVC codec into flv format

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 8 12:04:48 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 01:03:50PM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:45 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 21:56:21 +0800
> > Steven Liu <lingjiujianke at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +    FLV_CODECID_HEVC    = 10,
> >
> > ffmpeg has always supported broken or non-official hacks.
>

> You're confusing mplayer and ffmpeg here.

Could you please avoid such unnecessary flamebait?
If you look through various discussions I think you can
see that we do not have much of a difference in opinion
on what is ok/makes sense to support and what doesn't.
Most of MPlayer code is older and thus reflects the
attitudes of "just make it work somehow" of early Linux
multimedia development, I don't think that justifies taking
shots at the people who did that (IHMO nevertheless very useful
even if it occasionally may have caused some lasting pain in addition)
work at every opportunity.