[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Use pkg-config as an alternative for x264 detection

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jun 11 09:42:58 CEST 2014

Clément Bœsch <u <at> pkh.me> writes:

> > I did test my version, which also includes
> > the proper version check.

I did not see your version, where can I find it?

> > I'll apply mine if you don't mind.

Please do not change the default to pkg-config,
this will break build scripts and is therefore
not a good idea.

> Ah sorry I see what you did here, but that's
> not correct, because it will prefer the system
> version all the time and won't allow proper
> alternative build.

My patch is meant to fix detection of x264 if the
detection fails with the current configure code.
It is not meant to replace the path-driven
general configure approach.

Carl Eugen