[FFmpeg-devel] FFMpeg Developer Required

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jun 12 13:13:32 CEST 2014

On Thu, June 12, 2014 6:21 pm, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 6/12/14, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:42:07 AM Ray Hilton wrote:
>>>  I'd like to adjust the volume of one stream smoothly, and
>>> dynamically, based on whether there is input on the other.  For
>>> example, as a user talks, we level down the other audio so they are
>>> more easily audible.
>>
>> It's called a "ducker" and I believe there exists ladspa / lv2 plugins
>> that
>>
>> will already do that for you.
>
> Do you have exact link to LADSPA plugin as libavfilter have ladspa filter?

This topic has been discussed on linux audio users mailing list previously.

http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lau/2008/11/12/150037

There is a sidechain compressor in the swh ladspa plugins and also the
calf lv2 plugins.

 I'm sure there are others available too if you dig around.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd