[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH]Allow to use ancient bash to make version.h

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jun 22 16:09:54 CEST 2014

Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/22/2014 12:13 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > can someone setup a fate client to test with that shell ?
>
> Sean has run Solaris fate clients for quite a long time
> without hitting such a bug. I would ask if they're even
> running a supported version of Solaris

What an absurd suggestion is this?
Sean supports the thieves who (as shown yesterday and
today) hate bug reports. So why would asking him help
at all?

> (Carl testing a random port of an old version of
> that shell is not the same as what's on the OS is not
> the same thing).

I see the exact errors the OP reports with the heirloom
shell and the he tested the patch.

Are you really arguing that "$()" looks better than
"``" and therefore has to be kept?

Carl Eugen