[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH]Allow to use ancient bash to make version.h

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jun 22 18:52:40 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 05:24:21PM +0100, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> On 6/22/2014 3:09 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> > Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> Sean has run Solaris fate clients for quite a long time
> >> without hitting such a bug. I would ask if they're even
> >> running a supported version of Solaris
> >
> > What an absurd suggestion is this?
> > Sean supports the thieves who (as shown yesterday and
> > today) hate bug reports. So why would asking him help
> > at all?
>
> Which project someone works on does not demean their expertise on a subject.
> I happen to be friends with a lot of people on many projects.
>
> I suggest you grow the fuck up and stop acting like an obnoxious child
> about it. It's disgraceful.

both of you, please calm down,
in principle i find flaming funny but this doesnt look like anything
good is going to come out of it.
I want neither of you nor sean to end up with a grudge against the
other due to silly insults ...

People sometimes write code that is shit, and if that happens tell
them that their code is shit but IMO we should not call others
by some names if its meant in a hatefull way instead of a joke

/me returns to coding on ffmpeg

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA