[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC/PATCH]Allow to use ancient bash to make version.h

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jun 22 19:10:09 CEST 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 06:34:42PM +0200, wm4 wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 14:09:54 +0000 (UTC)
> Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
>
> > Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > Sean has run Solaris fate clients for quite a long time
> > > without hitting such a bug. I would ask if they're even
> > > running a supported version of Solaris
> >
> > What an absurd suggestion is this?
> > Sean supports the thieves who (as shown yesterday and
> > today) hate bug reports. So why would asking him help
> > at all?
>
> Since when is forking an open source project an act of theft?

I cant speak for others but
A hostile fork steals unity of the comunity
I for one surely would like to see everyone work together without
(too much) hate again.

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.