[FFmpeg-devel] debuggin ffmpeg

Eli Kara eli at algotec.co.il
Sat Mar 1 20:06:55 CET 2014

> Awesome. Thanks for clarifying your approaches, that's really helpful as I think debugging is one of the most challenging tasks out there.

My 2 cents - Currently I'm working on Windows via XBMC. The build script builds FFmpeg in release  and I usually use av_log prints to print out
Important things (those help understand code flow). This might slow things down a bit or cause the compiler to optimize a bit less but if I'm
learning flow or debugging the correct behavior of something, that's good enough for most cases.

I'm also just starting to learn the inside stuff, also working on mpegts (so it happens...)

Eli