[FFmpeg-devel] Cross Compiling.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 10:28:49 CET 2014

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 08:17:34PM -0500, Marcus Johnson wrote:
> I'm on OS X 10.9.2 with clang from Xcode 5.0.2, and trying to cross compile
> ffmpeg for Windows, everything works fine so long as it's built statically,
> when I try building it with --disable-static --enable-shared I get the
> following error message:

Please discuss compilation issues on the -users list first.

> My configure options are: ./configure --disable-yasm --enable-cross-compile
> --target-os=win32 --arch=x86_64 --disable-static --enable-shared
> --enable-opencl

--target-os=win32 implies using native Microsoft tools, which you
obviously do not have available on OSX.
You will want mingw32, and I expect you also want to set --cross-prefix
since your default OSX gcc/toolchain is unlikely to produce working Windows binaries.