[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 21:29:43 CET 2014

Not to beat this to death, but I spent a lot of time trying to get #1876 fixed. Once I was able to reproduce it at will, I spent
time tracing thru spaghetti code trying to find the best fix. This problem was discussed at length in the mailing list and then I
filed a bug report which consummed a lot more time needlessly. I mean if I point you right to the bug, the code, that should be
enough for anyone.

When I first got noticed of a crash somewhere, thats all I knew. Finding the right file, tracing, getting it to repeat, reporting,
etc. was difficult. But it was enough for me.

I believe Reimar and others had a hand in actually getting it fixed correctly.

So all I am asking is that you mark 1876 as fixed and not rudely marked as invalid. Sorry I can't point you the actual fix case
because no one even bothered to close the ticket properly.

http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1876