[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Mar 2 21:47:47 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:29:43 -0500
"Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:

i'm not going to comment on ticket 1876, i think it speaks for itself.

although in this case it maybe that the bug report itself was invalid
(as you were not able to report a backtrace with ffmpeg tools) and not
that the code problem you reported was invalid (obviously reimar? fixed
it, so the problem did exist).

> So all I am asking is that you mark 1876 as fixed and not rudely
> marked as invalid. Sorry I can't point you the actual fix case
> because no one even bothered to close the ticket properly.

my solution to this problem (the problem of people being offended
by bug statuses) is to hide the bug status from users and only let
developers see it.

of course that wont help derek :)

my opinions are my own and i do not speak for the project.
-compn