[FFmpeg-devel] movenc.c extradata handling for "aivx" video streams

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Mar 13 01:22:01 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:00:23AM -0400, Vincent Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MKTAG('a', 'i', 'v', 'x') was recently added to isom.c for FCPX-remuxed XAVC 4:2:2 10bit (originally MXF-wrapped). It is correctly linked to AV_CODEC_ID_H264. But it requires a “passthrough” handling of the extradata (because it actually is not AVCC, but Annex-B, as per probing extensively with ffprobe). What would be the best way to patch this: to provide an AVOption to force extradata passthrough for the MOV muxer in “movenc.c” or to write the provided extra data as-is when the codec tag is set to “aivx”? Or is there even a way to do so programmatically without patching?

checking for the aivx tag seems the most user friendly
assuming this would end up making things just work out of the box

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch