[FFmpeg-devel] Recent change in ffmpeg creates seeking stutter

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:34:08 CET 2014

My application:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mrviewer/

allows users to play video clips backwards.  It does so by seeking in
reverse and caching a number of frames.
I recently upgraded to latest git head and the functionality is not
working anymore.  I get stutters when playing backwards.

To try it out, download the version in sourceforge which has an older
(two weeks old tops) ffmpeg and play video with the mrViewer.sh script
(so it will use the bundled ffmpeg libs).  To try it with the new
ffmpeg, just compile it and update the files or change LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to point to the compiled libs.