[FFmpeg-devel] Patch: Inline asm fixes for Intel compiler on Windows

Matt Oliver protogonoi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 03:45:42 CEST 2014

> did you read what i wrote ? ;)

Yeh, got what you meant, If this were to be applied then some more
benchmarking would probably be in order first but if cdq is valid then as
said this is rather all moot (I will make sure I include such results in
the future though).

 Why not create a macro that expands to the correct instruction supported
> for each compiler?

Actually this is what I did in the first place (see previous patch in this
email chain). But that patch wasnt applied so this patch was more just
providing an alternative solution so people could decide which they
preferred. I should point out that a patch such as thist one would not be
my preferred approach it was just a different attempt to find a solution.

> Maybe we should indeed just switch it and figure out a solution if and
> when someone actually complains and we thus have a proper test-case?
> yes, maybe
> can someone provide a patch or push with matching commit message ?

If cdq works for everyone then obviously the best and cleanest solution
would be just changing it back. I have attached the necessary patch.