[FFmpeg-devel] Anyone needs HW or other things that require money, please open a ticket on trac

Christophe Gisquet christophe.gisquet at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:16:07 CEST 2014

Hi,

>> - a computer/device was available for people to develop for newer CPUs
>> (I'm thinking avx/avx2/aarch64)
>
> agree, can you add ticket(s) for these to trac ?

I added only one:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3635#ticket
But maybe it should indeed be split, as fate running may disturb
developers implementing and benchmarking. Same thing if the maintainer
is also using the device for other purposes.

> just posted a patchset that would make fate clients print their
> cpu caps
> from this once applied and run we can then make a list of what we
> have and where the gaps are

Are the caps displayed the same way for a given arch whatever the OS?
(can't simply run the cpu-test" command at the moment)
Put another way, are those the AV_CPU_FLAG_ flags?

--
Christophe