[FFmpeg-devel] Anyone needs HW or other things that require money, please open a ticket on trac

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:17:17 CEST 2014

On 13/05/14 3:05 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Christophe Gisquet <christophe.gisquet <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I added only one:
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3635#ticket
>
> Do you really believe that adding a SSE-only
> fate target helps a user? I have such hardware
> and it is probably not very difficult to get it,
> but we neither have arm64 nor qnx targets (and
> both *are* used) and I am not convinced we
> cover Android (not even to some degree afaict).
>
> Carl Eugen

Hendrik found out about the error fixed in fc7e02f0ff345d5331b7c78f2400668d2c79a8b0
because an user with a pre-SSE2 CPU reported it.
Having a fate system with an Athlon XP or a Pentium 3 would make finding these bugs
faster and easier.

I agree however that it's not a priority compared to other things that are also
missing, like XOP/FMA4, FMA3 and AVX2 capable CPUs.