[FFmpeg-devel] Anyone needs HW or other things that require money, please open a ticket on trac

Christophe Gisquet christophe.gisquet at gmail.com
Wed May 14 10:40:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

> Hendrik found out about the error fixed in fc7e02f0ff345d5331b7c78f2400668d2c79a8b0
> because an user with a pre-SSE2 CPU reported it.
> Having a fate system with an Athlon XP or a Pentium 3 would make finding these bugs
> faster and easier.

I know of at least 2 such bugs, introduced by yours truly, so yes.

> I agree however that it's not a priority compared to other things that are also
> missing, like XOP/FMA4, FMA3 and AVX2 capable CPUs.

Agreed, though providing some of the relevant ffmpeg developers
(amongst which I don't consider myself) with said hardware is a big
dent into the budget. I was more thinking here of a single computer,
just for fate, coming from a donation or even a Nth-hand one worth a
few dozen €/$.

--
Christophe