[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] DC-only blocks and equivalents of idct_add

Christophe Gisquet christophe.gisquet at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:01:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

while working on this for mpegvideo.c, I decided to check what codecs
were using that trick. A non-exhaustive list include vp*, rv40, vc1,

I would consider factorizing all of this code into a single place. I'm
thinking of something like:
add_dc_clamped(uint8_t *pixels /*align width (8 or 16)*/, ptrdiff_t
line_size, int h, int delta);

Each codec would then compute the pixel delta value from the DC
coefficient value, do what's required before calling add_dc_clamped

So some questions in addition to future comments:
1) Where would that be located? fpel stuff as there may first be only
a 8x8 version?
2) Would someone be able to port that for ARM (that's the only other
arch which has assembly implementing that) ?

Best regards,
--
Christophe