[FFmpeg-devel] Facebook page

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sat Oct 4 22:28:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 10:12:49PM +0200, Thomas Volkert wrote:
> Hallo @ll,
>
> On Facebook, there is no official ffmpeg presence at the moment.
> But maybe it would be interesting to have a page with announcements about:
> * new releases
> * API/ABI changes
> * ffmpeg related events
> * new bounties
>
> ...what is your opinion about this idea?
> (If you are convinced of the idea, I would organize it.)

We hard already a hard time trying to keep up things up to date with the
twitter and Google+ in addition to our mailing-list, IRC channels and web
news.

I'm not exactly sure how adding yet another communication medium will
help, especially on such a portal where the majority of people don't care
about it, and those who do are already tracking our mailing-list, IRC
channels, or web/RSS.

Sorry if I sound very negative about it, I'm not opposing to it, I just
think we should instead try to improve the mediums we currently support.

Regards,

--
Clément B.