[FFmpeg-devel] Facebook page

db0 company db0company at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:12:30 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:
> We hard already a hard time trying to keep up things up to date with the
> twitter and Google+ in addition to our mailing-list, IRC channels and web
> news.
>
> Sorry if I sound very negative about it, I'm not opposing to it, I just
> think we should instead try to improve the mediums we currently support.

FFmpeg could use IFTTT (https://ifttt.com/myrecipes/personal) or
Zapier (https://zapier.com/) to automatically update the Facebook page
from the RSS feed. It could also work for the Twitter account, instead
of posting manually.
I've been using both for a while now for the same purpose and it works
very well.

> I'm not exactly sure how adding yet another communication medium will
> help, especially on such a portal where the majority of people don't care
> about it, and those who do are already tracking our mailing-list, IRC
> channels, or web/RSS.

Facebook is undoubtedly the most used social network. It's becoming a
pretty standard way of communicating with users, even for
developers-related products and in the open-source community.

--
db0 - Deby Barbara Lepage
  http://db0.fr/