[FFmpeg-devel] Eager to work on the MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding (ALS) Encoder

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Mon Oct 13 17:05:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

> I am Ngassa Amalia Finjap ( amalia on irc ) - a Management major who codes in C
> and C++ and interested in working on the MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding (ALS)
> Encoder under the Outreach programs For Women (OPW) program.I am currently
> working on my OPW project proposal and some qualification tasks and would like
> to be added as a prospective Applicant on this project.

what qualification tasks are you working on? Do you want to apply for more than
one task / projects?

I've added you to our wiki page:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/OPW/2014-12-Qualis

Since we have not yet defined more than one qualification task for condidates
applying for the ALS encoder project, I've assigned you the qualification task
of RLS-LMS decoding support to be implemented in the existing decoder.

I will send you a private mail with some more information about the ALS codec.

-Thilo