[FFmpeg-devel] Help with writing an RMS-LMS decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Oct 20 12:20:26 CEST 2014

Hi

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 04:24:33AM -0400, Ngassa Finjap wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Ngassa Amalia (amalia on irc), an student interested in
> contributin to the ffmpeg project unde the OPW program.I have already
> created an account on githug(@Ngassa) and compiled ffmpeg from source.
> I have been asked to write an RMS-LMS decoder before Wednesday and I
> don't have a faint idea how to go about it. Please can anyone give me
> tips on how to go about this qualification task ? I am really flying
> blind here :(

I see this has somewhat been awnsered on IRC
maybe thilo can elabrate on this, though I do not think its possible
to write such decoder in the remaining time before Wednesday unless
one knows what to do already and is quick.
If you havnt started yet to work on ALS  then maybe you want to try
to work on some other project ?
You can also propose things not listed on our wiki including non
coding tasks.

Thanks

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data