[FFmpeg-devel] "OPW Qualification: Enable daemon mode for FFserver"

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Mon Oct 27 19:03:23 CET 2014

Le sextidi 6 brumaire, an CCXXIII, Binathi Bingi a écrit :
> I am Binathi, applying for FOSS OPW Round 9, for contributing to FFmpeg.
>
> As a part of my qualification task, I had been working on bug " #3731 open
> defect ffserver daemon mode " [https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3731]
>
> I changed two files and uploaded them onto my git repository [
> https://github.com/Binathi/ffserver] to allow ffserver run in daemon mode
> in ffmpeg 2.4.2 version

Thanks for the patch. There are still a few steps before getting it into
shape.

First, your repository must be a full clone of the FFmpeg repository, so you
can add your changes as commits, or in this particular case as a single
commit changing the files that needs changing.

Second, when sending patches to this mailing list, prepare them with "git
format-patch", that will include full authorship information and comments.
It will also avoid the patch getting mangled by bad mail user agents. You
can also use "git send-email", that will do the same and directly send it by
mail.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George