[FFmpeg-devel] patch for x32 for libpostproc

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 08:18:57 CEST 2014

On 05.09.2014, at 03:46, Reinhard Tartler <siretart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>>> At the end of the day, I need a source tarball that contains
>>> maintained sources of a stand-alone libpostproc. I don't care too much
>>> how it is created, as long as it doesn't result in code-duplication
>>> with existing sources in Debian.
>>
>> would it work if libpostproc could be build and installed
>> standalone from ffmpeg git / ffmpeg release tarballs?
>
> That would be exactly the code-duplication I referred to in the text
> you've quoted.

Combined with a release script doing rm of libav*?
I think the problem is that libpostproc just isn't a viable stand-alone program, mostly due to complete lack of stand-alone testability not to mention test infrastructure.
Keeping the separate git up-to-date certainly is an option but involves extra effort (though a lot less than making libpostproc testable stand-alone).
I don't see a good way to split the libraries into separate repositories that does not involve either at least maintaining configure in each or seriously harming bisecting/regression testing.
Release scripts that generate multiple tarballs seems more realistic than splitting the repository, in case that sounds like helpful to anyone...