[FFmpeg-devel] archive ffmpeg all objs into one lib, feasible?

Lynn Yu yuqilin1228 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:37:34 CEST 2014

I've build ffmpeg static libraries,  and all necessary objs (*.o) generated
in their source directory.

I use 'ar' to archive all these objs into one libffmpeg.a.

command: *ar rc libffmpeg.a *.o*

I notice that, there are some objs have same name in different dirs, for
example *libavformat/4xm.o and libavcodec/4xm.o*.

by 'nm libffmpeg.a', it seems both objs are there?

'man ar' I find that, if obj with same name and Exactly with same function
symbols, latter one will be replaced ,right?

by this 'ar' way, will libffmpeg.a work correctly? because there so many
symbols I can't test every one.

thanks for help!