[FFmpeg-devel] Please help update tasks and mentor/backups for OPW

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at osg.samsung.com
Thu Sep 25 19:16:37 CEST 2014

Hello

As you might already know, Samsung has decided to back up our
initiative with the required 6K USD (Thanks!) and as result,
we have got at least one mentee covered for this round of the
Outreach Program for Women (http://gnome.org/opw/). We couldn't
be happier about this but there's quite some work to do to
ensure our prospective applicants get all the info they need.

What we need now is everyone's help updating and copyediting
our program landing page at
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/OPW/2014-12

Things that need urgent attention are ensuring listed projects
are still relevant as well as making sure their mentors are
still available and willing to take part on the program. I took
the liberty of CCing some of the currently listed mentors so
they can hopefully help with the latter.

If you were listed as a mentor please update your availability
and/or willingness status on the wiki. If you were listed as a
backup mentor for a mentorless project, please consider becoming
a full fledged mentor for it. Whatever the case, if you are updating
your availability or status on the wiki, please also let us
know on this same thread so we can easily keep tabs on who do we
still need to chase down ;)

Please do feel free to also add your own ideas (specially if you
are willing to mentor them ;). If you do so, please consider
sending a short note to the lists so we can do some back and
forth on them if needed. The more, the merrier!

Thanks in advance!

--
Reynaldo