[FFmpeg-devel] Areas needing work

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Apr 7 00:59:17 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 10:17:22PM +0000, Timothy Gu wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 10:42 AM Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 04:48:24PM +0000, Timothy Gu wrote:
> > > On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> > wrote:
> > [...]
> > > >

> > > I haven't touched that thing in a few months but it's in a pretty good
> > > shape. With a few minor updates it should be good to go at least on
> > > fate-beta.ffmpeg.org or something like that. There are still a few minor
> > > things I want to fix (like minirep/minilog, warning diff (is it really
> > > useful now since most boxes are using make -jx and testing order changes
> > > every time?), and some minor styling issue).
> >
> > ok,
> > do you have your own server where i should make
> > fate-beta.ffmpeg.org point to or its something that needs to be setup
> > on the fate / or some other server ?
> >

> I do have a server I can use for this purpose but i wonder how I am going
> to get the FATE data submitted by the boxes if I'm using mine… (which is
> another headache when writing my server)

could the existing server be made to forward data to a 2nd server ?
then all that gets submited to it would automatically get sent to
yours or anyone elses who wants to run one
we also might in case of a failure of the server then just change
fate.ffmpeg.org to point to yours so this design could be
considered to add some redundancy

> Right now I can get the data manually by wgetting files (like
> http://fate.ffmpeg.org/aarch64-linux-qemu-ubuntu-gcc-4.8/20150406220127/summary),
> but that's a pain in the ass. (Plus those files should not be public
> anyway.)
>
> [...]
>
> > > and it is not clear to me how the servers are
> > >   administered (who pays for it? who has access to it? who has access to
> > the
> >
> > main servers are provided by arpi
> >

> You mean [git.]ffmpeg.org?

ffmpeg.org, samples.ffmpeg.org, trac.ffmpeg.org

also note to forget source.ffmpeg.org is provided by videolan

> I know this has been discussed before, but moving to a 3rd-party hosting
> service like GitHub Pages might make this significantly easier. Who knows
> what repos are still hosted on git.ffmpeg.org?

the webpage repos, fateserver, some other random stuff probably too

> fate server by baptiste
> >
> Baptiste doesn't seem to be active these days. Should I contact him
> personally?

yes, that would probably be best, i suspect he would miss a mail here

While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there
will be no State. -- Vladimir Lenin