[FFmpeg-devel] Anybody already working on VDPAU / HEVC support?

Philip Langdale philipl at overt.org
Thu Apr 30 19:09:26 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-30 09:10, Christian König wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> since VDPAU has now officially picked up HEVC support I wonder if
> anybody is already working on integrating it into ffmpeg?

I was hoping that Stephen Warren from nvidia would pop up again with
the relevant patches, having done the original work for the other
formats.
For all I know, they might still be working on it.

I'm not aware of anyone else; given the hardware requirements, I
wouldn't
be surprised if there's no one who's both qualified to do the work and
has
the hardware to test it.

--phil