[FFmpeg-devel] Offering to help out - keeping the merges going and ML patch handling

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sun Aug 2 02:57:57 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 05:07:58PM +0200, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've offered on IRC already, but I figured doing it formally on the ML
> is probably best.
>
> I would be willing to take over doing the merges from Libav for the
> time being, until we decide otherwise, and on top I can probably spare
> some time reviewing and handling patches submitted to the ML as the
> need arises.
>
> I've been developing with and for FFmpeg for many years, and I feel
> confident I'm up to the task, and should just step up and do it.

Thanks alot !

Also a technical comment, about fate suite, i never bothered waiting
for it to sync before merging a commit. I dont think that extra
constraint is important. almost all fate clients we have can handle
0-latency fate suite updates, aka they will update git and rsync
at the same time. The very few which dont would have a new test or
2 fail for a round, this is in practice basically irrelevant.
One can clearly see that the failures are due to a missing file and
so noone should be confused or waste time on them

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle