[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpegs future and resigning as leader

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 09:51:10 CEST 2015

On 31/07/15 17:19, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 05:37:12PM +0200, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> [...]
>> So in order for the community to continue this, I'd say we probably need
>> to have some help for:
>>
>> - guidelines on the merge strategies
>> - step-by-step on the release process
>
>> - some overview on the sysadmin state (like, what happens with the recent
>>   server offers?)
>
> i accepted the 2 offers which noone objected against (on the ML),
> so FFmpeg should
> get 2 boxes that things can be moved to and which should be dependable
> it does need volunteers doing the work.
> Maybe lou, beastd, tim nich, roberto and you would be willing to help
> move things to them

I am up for assisting where I can, but August is going to be mainly
holiday for me ;)

> it was discussed to move things into virtual machines (qemu) for
> higher security, isolation and ease of future moving.

If we go kvm etc, prebuilding a base image beforehand that can then be
forked for postfix/Apache/trak etc would be useful.

In fact there are some pre-built images already for some things, e.g

https://www.turnkeylinux.org/issue-tracking?page=1

that would just need the data migrating.

> moving to the new servers could be done before or after moving to VMs
> of course or while doing it in the same step
>
> [...]

Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83