[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] BDA (DTV) Capture / tuning -- work-in-progress

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 21:41:13 CEST 2015

On 8/21/15, Máté Sebők <smfinc.org at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to various problems, it's only got this far:
> - can list DTV Tuners and Receiver Components (in a bit akward way)
> - ATSC / DVB-T /-S /-C can be selected
> - DTV channels can be tuned in only to frequency
> - only video can be recorded/recoded
> - only mpeg2/NTSC ( ATSC ) works now... others just hangs or crash due to
> video format differences between graph connection time and running the
> graph
> - there is an optional graph (grf) export
>
> The mingw64 has broken signatures for a lot of BDA / DVB components, that
> needs to be replaced with the attached tuner.h.

I can confirm I get working ATSC video capture (with a selectable
channel via frequency) using Máté's patches, and it does patch
successfully against git master. (If I rename the pins from "003" to
"3" and "001" to "1" that is).
There are a few minor issues that we will try and address before
commiting it, I think, like submitting changes upstream to mingw-w64,
making sure license is OK, adding options for subchannel for ATSC,
etc.  Probably offline.

Thanks to Máté for his work on this.
-roger-