[FFmpeg-devel] Adding FATE tests for FFV1 - revisited

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Aug 30 20:00:01 CEST 2015

On 08/30/2015 07:33 PM, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 8/30/15, Peter B. <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:
>> This will produce quite a number of tests :(
>> I guess it is desired to keep the number of tests as low as necessary?
> Not at all. Just look at ffv1 coverage at coverage.ffmpeg.org

:)
I'd love to add tests for FFV1 to increase the coverage as much as possible.

So, in order to avoid silent regressions in less-common combinations,
I've added very detailed test-scenarios (as shown in my "ffv1.mak")
previously.
Except for a few other codecs (e.g. h264), most only have a handful of
tests. So I thought my suggested test-suite was overkill.

I'd like to keep the tests as much as necessary, but as little as possible.

Regards,
Pb