[FFmpeg-devel] Adding FATE tests for FFV1 - revisited

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Aug 30 22:22:06 CEST 2015

On 08/30/2015 09:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>     - Target "fate-vsynth%-*" tests default to sws_flags
>> "accurate_rnd+bitexact". FFV1.3 tests have "neighbor+bitexact". Why?
> it makes more cases lossless IIRC
> the default upscaling + default downscaling is not binary identical

Roger that.

The way I understand the tests "lossless-video.mak", they operate
differently than the ones in "vcodec.mak".
I'd like to use that method (using framecrc) for FFV1 tests.
Yet, all of them seem to require a specific sample in fate-suite.

What's the proper way of using vsynth samples for that?

My approach in the past was something like this:
// -----------------------
fate-ffv1-enc-%: FMT = avi
fate-ffv1-enc-%: SRC = tests/data/vsynth1.yuv
# Limit the duration of test videos to 4 frames at 25fps:
fate-ffv1-enc-%: DUR = 0:00:00.160
fate-ffv1-enc-%: CMD = enc_dec "rawvideo -s 352x288 -pix_fmt yuv420p
$(RAWDECOPTS) -t $(DUR)" $(SRC) $(FMT) "-c $(CODEC) $(ENCOPTS)" rawvideo
"-s 352x288 -pix_fmt yuv420p -vsync 0 $(DECOPTS)" -keep "$(DECINOPTS)"
// -----------------------

That only uses vsynth1.yuv :(

>> I guess it is desired to keep the number of tests as low as necessary?
> avoiding redundant tests would be a good idea

:)
Will try my best.

>> I've attached my old test Makefile (ffv1.mak), for reference.
>> :D
>>

>> What is the best way to proceed?
> probably, send patches
> and probably better few and small ones at once then wait and see
> in which direction reviewes go before spending too much time in some
> specific direction

Will do that.
Currently starting with tidying up the existing tests.

Thanks for your input!
Pb