[FFmpeg-devel] support for reading / writing encrypted MP4 files

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at kaltura.com
Mon Dec 7 13:01:43 CET 2015

> changes to libavutil and libavformat should likely be in seperate
> patches/commits, more generally any independant changes should be
> in seperate patches (i dont know if there are any other changes that
> should be split off)

Done, new patch files attached, I also included the patch for decryption.
The libavutil patch has to be applied before libavformat patches.

> fails to build
>
> ffmpeg/libavformat/movenccenc.c: In function ‘auxiliary_info_add_subsample’:
> ffmpeg/libavformat/movenccenc.c:61:5: error: unknown type name ‘u_char’
> ffmpeg/libavformat/movenccenc.c:73:7: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]

Replaced the u_char with uint8_t, don't know why I didn't get this error

> also a Changelog entry should probably be added

Added, one for encoding and one for decoding (since they are in separate patches)

> and if libavformat uses a new feature from libavutil than libavutils
> minor version needs to be bumped when that feature is added

Incremented LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_MINOR, please let me know if anything else is needed

> [...]
> --
> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB

Thanks Michael !

Eran