[FFmpeg-devel] support for reading / writing encrypted MP4 files

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at kaltura.com
Tue Dec 15 12:02:28 CET 2015

> > +struct AVAESCTR;
>
> Is this needed?

Indeed compiles for me without it, I matched the existing code in aes.h, and in general I prefer to define the structs in advance.
If you prefer that I will remove it, please let me know

> > +    subsample_count = AV_RB16(sc->cenc.auxiliary_info_pos);
> > +    sc->cenc.auxiliary_info_pos += sizeof(uint16_t);
>
> I find the following significantly easier to read and understand:
>
> subsample_count = AV_RB16(sc->cenc.auxiliary_info_pos);
> sc->cenc.auxiliary_info_pos += 2;
>
> But this may just be me, so feel free to ignore.

When it's a simple type my preference is to go with the sizeof, when it becomes slightly more than that, e.g.:
+
+    ctx->auxiliary_info_size += 6;
+    ctx->subsample_count++;
+
I use a number (not sizeof(uint16_t) + sizeof(uint32_t)). But again it's all a matter of personal preference,
if you want me to change it, let me know.

> I suspect a fate test will be needed but this may be an
> independent patch.

Ok, I will write one after this one gets approved :-)

> Thank you, Carl Eugen

Thanks !

Eran