[FFmpeg-devel] Cyrillic devices name support in libavdevice/dshow

Ivan Uskov ivan.uskov at nablet.com
Wed Dec 16 21:36:17 CET 2015

Hello Derek,

DB> On 12/16/2015 4:29 PM, Roger Pack wrote:
>> Still mulling over why this would be needed...hm....

DB> It makes sense that CP_OEMCP is needed for device names, in my mind,
DB> after reading https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/108450 - however,
DB> I don't think changing the generic functions in cmdutils.c is correct
DB> here.
The actual implementation of these functions for Windows platform looks buggy.
Are  will work right only for ASCII characters subset.
It is hard to imagine what the reason was to use CP_UTF8 in windows-related code.
Windows   never  use UTF8 in command line and in other places here only 8 bit
OEM  code  pages  or 16 bit unicode are possible.
So using CP_OEMCP looks much more appropriate and correct.

But  suggested patch looks incomplete, it is quite strange when dup_wchar_to_utf8()
function   internally  performs   an   action  which  does not match with the
function name. :-)
So dup_wchar_to_utf8() should be also renamed to dup_wchar_to_oem() for example.

--
Best regards,
 Ivan                            mailto:ivan.uskov at nablet.com