[FFmpeg-devel] avformat: QuickTime Sample Description Table 'corruption' with ACLR atom.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Feb 13 18:04:05 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 04:34:37PM +0000, Kevin Wheatley wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 02:43:13PM +0000, Kevin Wheatley wrote:
>
> > what difference does the terminator make ?
> > does it improve compatibility with other software ?
>

> I believe there are some versions of Apple's Final Cut that need the
> terminator, I've also been wondering if mp4 has the same needs but I
> don't have the spec to cross check.

if compatibility is better with it and it doesnt break anything then
it should be added ba default

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.