[FFmpeg-devel] Suggested Patch for timecode timebase calculation in mov.c

jon jon at tweaksoftware.com
Thu Jan 22 18:09:53 CET 2015

I never heard back about this and I think I have a new better solution
now. I don't think the current mov.c timecode processing is handling the
case where the timecode is in counter mode. Please read the following
page 190 from:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/qtff.pdf

Specifically:

"Number of frames
An 8-bit integer that contains the number of frames per second for the
timecode format. If the time is a counter, this is the number of frames
for each counter tick."

I have sample media in counter mode if it helps. I tried to send that
before as well, but I think it was too large. Please let me know how
else I can help with this enhancement. Feel free to send clarification
questions to me.

Thanks,
Jon